Security Report 4/5 to 4/11
April 12, 2018
Thursday, April 5
- Excessively loud music was reported on the fourth floor of Coles Tower.
- A College neighbor complained about student vehicles parked along Boody Street and impeding the flow of traffic.
Friday, April 6
- A parent requested a wellness check for a student after being unable to make contact. An officer found the student to be safe and in good spirits.
- A faculty member was briefly stuck in a malfunctioning elevator in Druckenmiller Hall.
- Smoke from a hair straightener activated a smoke alarm in Chamberlain Hall.
- A student-driven College van scraped a parked vehicle in Brunswick.
- A student reported a suspicious acting vehicle on Park Row near Longfellow Avenue. No law violations were noted, but a report was filed.
Saturday, April 7
- Officers checked on the well-being of an intoxicated student at Coleman Hall.
- A student at an off-campus gathering reported that a champagne bottle fell on her head, causing a bleeding laceration. The student was treated for a mild concussion at Mid Coast Hospital.
- Brunswick police cited a student at My Tie for allegedly failing to pay a bar tab. At the request of management, the student was issued a trespass warning.
- My Tie reported that a minor student used fraudulent identification to enter the bar and consume alcohol. A security report was filed.
- A minor student was detained at My Tie for presenting a fraudulent identification card in an attempt to enter the bar. Management turned the matter was turned over to security and a report was filed.
- A 21-year-old student was removed from My Tie after he was observed drinking a brand of alcoholic beverage that was not sold by the establishment. A security report was filed.
- The unauthorized use of a fog machine caused a smoke alarm at Reed House.
Sunday, April 8
- Brunswick police cited a minor student walking on Maine Street for possession of alcohol by a minor (by consumption).
- An officer checked on the well-being of a minor student who had been drinking and was ill in the Thorne Hall women’s room.
- A student at Brunswick Apartments reported someone banging on a door at 2:00 a.m. An officer located the student who was responsible for the disturbance and resolved the matter.
- Excessive noise reported at Chamberlain Hall.
- Two students engaged in a physical altercation in a residence hall, resulting in injuries to both. The incident is under investigation.
- Students smoking outside of Coles Tower accidentally ignited leaves in a drainage grate. A security officer put out the fire with a fire extinguisher.
- An officer checked on the well-being of student at the request of a concerned friend.
Monday, April 9
- A damaged wooden stair rail was noted at the north entrance to Helmreich House.
- Reports were submitted to the dean’s office on three students who have each accumulated multiple parking violations and hundreds of dollars in fines.
- Administrative and academic building fire drills were conducted.
- A student who is on a leave of absence was found to be living in campus housing without authorization.
Tuesday, April 10
- A student tossing a Frisbee accidentally broke a window pane at Adams Hall.
Wednesday, April 11
- A mischievous two-year-old boy pulled a fire alarm at Hubbard Hall, causing a building evacuation.
- An officer assisted a student who fainted after giving blood at a Red Cross blood drive at Smith Union.
Before submitting a comment, please review our comment policy. Some key points from the policy: