News in Brief

Number of articles: 10

First Article: September 8, 2017

Latest Article: December 8, 2017

News in Brief

Bowdoin Public Service Initiative accepts 15 applicants

The Bowdoin Public Service Initiative (BPS) announced its first cohort of 10 sophomores and five juniors to take part in a 7-week program in Washington, D.C., and the BPS fellowship program, respectively, last Friday. BPS in Washington allows sophomores to explore public service by traveling to the nation’s capital to meet and network with alumni and other public service representatives.

Read more

News in Brief

Dean Delong takes new job at Bates college

Allen Delong, associate dean of student affairs, will depart from Bowdoin on November 10 to serve in the newly created position of senior associate dean at Bates College. Drawing from his experience developing student spaces at Bowdoin that better reflect the College’s changing demography, Delong will head the Purposeful Work program and Career Development Center at Bates, an office designed to help students prepare for lives of work and social contribution that align with the liberal arts values.

Read more

News in Brief

Brunswick town rezoning

The Town of Brunswick recently concluded a three-and-a-half year project to renovate the town’s zoning ordinance to reflect changes in local policy over the past 22 years. The ordinance focused on reducing the number of total districts, catching up with Maine laws regarding signage and shorelands and rectifying the issues brought about by the 21-year-old ordinance’s failure to account for technological advances.

Read more

News in Brief

Trespasser Terry Elwell

On Monday, Randy Nichols, director of safety security, sent out a campus alert warning people of Terry Elwell’s return to Brunswick. Elwell has a long history of convictions in Brunswick and has been involved with multiple incidents at Bowdoin.

Read more