News in Brief

Number of articles: 10

First Article: March 31, 2017

Latest Article: April 27, 2017

News in Brief

Aircraft manufacturer coming to Brunswick

Brunswick Landing—the site of the former naval base, located approximately 10 minutes from the College—will become the site of a production facility for amphibious sport aircraft, the Times Record reported on April 4. Atol Avion, a Finnish company, partnered with an American investor group to form Atol USA, and plans to have its North American headquarters at Brunswick Landing, according to the Portland Press Herald.

Read more

News in Brief

Faludi named Pulitzer Prize finalist for memoir

Susan Faludi, research associate in Gender, Sexuality and Women’s Studies (GSWS), was named a finalist for the Pulitzer Prize in the autobiography category for her memoir, “In the Darkroom,” (Metropolitan Books). The book explored her relationship with her father, a Hungarian Jewish Holocaust survivor who underwent gender reassignment surgery at age 76.

Read more

News in Brief

In response to phishing, IT adds dual authentication

Dual-authentication for logging onto Bowdoin Information Technology (IT) services such as Workday and Webmail with a Bowdoin username and password is now available to faculty, staff and students using a product called Duo. The effort comes in response to increased phishing and a January cybercriminal attack on faculty Workday data that changed direct deposit information, according to IT Security Officer Eric Berube.

Read more

News in Brief

Moody’s gives College bonds third highest rating

Moody’s Investors Service gave a Aa2 rating—the third-highest rating it assigns—to $45 million of the College’s proposed bonds. The bonds will mature in 2047. Moody’s also affirmed its previously assigned Aa2 rating on approximately $264 million of the College’s existing revenue bonds, according to a release by the agency on March 17.

Read more