News in Brief

Number of articles: 10

First Article: May 5, 2017

Latest Article: October 13, 2017

News in Brief

Dean Delong takes new job at Bates college

Allen Delong, associate dean of student affairs, will depart from Bowdoin on November 10 to serve in the newly created position of senior associate dean at Bates College. Drawing from his experience developing student spaces at Bowdoin that better reflect the College’s changing demography, Delong will head the Purposeful Work program and Career Development Center at Bates, an office designed to help students prepare for lives of work and social contribution that align with the liberal arts values.

Read more

News in Brief

Brunswick town rezoning

The Town of Brunswick recently concluded a three-and-a-half year project to renovate the town’s zoning ordinance to reflect changes in local policy over the past 22 years. The ordinance focused on reducing the number of total districts, catching up with Maine laws regarding signage and shorelands and rectifying the issues brought about by the 21-year-old ordinance’s failure to account for technological advances.

Read more

News in Brief

Trespasser Terry Elwell

On Monday, Randy Nichols, director of safety security, sent out a campus alert warning people of Terry Elwell’s return to Brunswick. Elwell has a long history of convictions in Brunswick and has been involved with multiple incidents at Bowdoin.

Read more

News in Brief

Two transports, no police issues during Ivies

During this year’s Ivies Weekend, two first-year students were transported to Mid Coast Hospital for overconsumption of alcohol—one on Thursday night and one on Saturday night. Two minor injuries and two instances of theft occurred, but only one Security-related record was broken: the number of photos taken with Director of Safety and Security Randy Nichols and other officers on duty.

Read more