Hy Khong & Maya Lloyd
The Bowdoin Orient is the student newspaper of Bowdoin College, located in Brunswick, Maine. The Orient has an average circulation of 2300 copies per issue and reaches people of all ages locally, nationally, and internationally. All of the readers are connected to Bowdoin College in one way or another and most will at some point be in the area to use the community's resources—hotels, restaurants, and stores. Your decision to advertise with The Orient will without a doubt help broaden your customer base and open doors for your business in the immediate and distant future.
- Publication Frequency: Every Friday while classes are in session (see below for production schedule).
- Average Circulation: 2300 copies, read by on-campus by students, faculty, staff, and local residents, and off-campus by parents, alumni, and friends of the College.
- Columns: Five columns, each 1.84 inches wide with a 0.25 inch margin between each column.
- Deadlines: All ads should be received by 5:00 p.m. on the Monday of the week they are to run.
- Submission: We prefer ads submitted digitally via email (as a .tif or .pdf file, for example), but we also accept ads at our above mailing address.
- Pre-payment Discount: We offer a 5% discount for pre-payment.
- Frequency Discount: We offer a discount of 50% on every fifth ad.
- On-campus Discount: All campus organizations receive a 50% discount on every ad.
- Non-camera-ready Ads: Our staff can design and typeset an ad for you. We charge an additional 10% of the cost of the first ad for this service.
- Payment: Invoices and one tear sheet will be sent out after the publication of each issue (unless the advertiser requests additional sheets or a whole issue).
|Per Column Inch||$9.75 per vertical inch|
|Full Page Ad |
10.25 x 15 in.
|Half Page Ad Horizontal |
10.25 x 7.5 in.
|Half Page Ad Vertical (small) |
3.94 x 15.0 in.
|Half Page Ad Vertical (large) |
6.04 x 15.0 in.
|Quarter Page Ad |
6.04 x 6.0 in.
|Classified Ads and Inserts||The Orient does not accept Classified Advertising or Inserts.|
|Business Cards||Can be run as ads at a flat charge of $25.00.|
For further information involving local ads, please contact our business manager.
Bowdoin Orient Business Manager
Phone: (207) 725-3053
For further information involving national or regional ads, please contact our MediaMate representative.
Phone: (1-800) 897-7711 ext 121
Production Schedule (2013–2014)
Dates in gray are non-publication dates.
|1||September 4||Orientation Issue|
|October 11||Fall Break|
|7||October 25||Family Weekend|
|November 29||Thanksgiving Break|
|March 7||Spring Break|
|March 14||Spring Break|
|March 21||Spring Break|