Highlight Reel for February 16

MAKE ME GO NUTS

On Saturday, the men’s basketball team (9–15; 3–7 NESCAC) wrapped up its season with a win against Amherst College (14–10; 5–5 NESCAC). The 65–61 win marked the team’s third conference victory of the season and first win against the Mammoths since 2010. Bowdoin finished the first half ahead on an 11–4 run led by Michael Simonds ’24, but traded the lead with Amherst until a Simonds three-pointer late in the third quarter. The Polar Bears maintained their lead by a one-to-five point margin for the remainder of the game but secured the win in the last few minutes with points from Kevin Reeves ’26 and Afamdi Achufusi ’25.

UP TO SNOW GOOD

The Nordic skiing team tied for fifth place at the Dartmouth Carnival last weekend. Emma Crum ’26, Jori Grialou ’26 and Morgan Richter ’24 finished fifth, eighth and 18th respectively in Friday’s sprint event. In Saturday’s race, Richter secured an eighth-place finish with Grialou close behind in tenth. Natalie Hood ’27, Ingrid Miller ’24 and Mirra Payson ’27 finished in the top 30. On the men’s side, Carson Williams ’24, Will Riley ’27 and Adam Carlisle ’25 finished 20th, 22nd and 25th, respectively. The team will compete at the Williams Carnival starting today in Woodford, Vt.

PERFECT TEN

Ten members of the women’s rugby team have been named in All-NIRA honors for their performance last season. The team held a perfect 8–0 record and repeated as NIRA champions for the fourth year in a row after defeating Adrian College 51–17 in November. Colleen Doucette ’24, Lauryn Eisenhart ’24, Jorja Markella ’24, Maggie Norton ’24, Saniya Ridley ’25, Rebecca Vakarau ’25, Evie Hamer ’26, Abigail Ramirez ’26, Katie Stomma ’26 and Mia Daoust ’27 were honored. The rugby team will return to the pitch this spring with three tournaments starting in early April.