Highlight Reel for October 15

FALL-ING INTO WINTER SPORTS

Following two weeks of informal, pre-season practices and training camps, winter sports teams will begin official practices with their coaches and full rosters today. Winter sports teams have not enjoyed a full, uninterrupted season of training and competition since the winter of 2018-2019.

FALL BREAK FINALE FOR WOMEN’S GOLF

The women’s golf team finished its season last weekend after competing in the NESCAC Fall Qualifier tournament in Scarborough. Although the women failed to qualify for the NESCAC Championship, placing sixth out of eight teams, they had strong individual performances from Abbie Kaestle ’23, Crystal Chong ’23 and Abby Flanagan ’25 who all placed inside the top 30 overall out of 41 athletes.

JAMILAH KARAH TAKES THE MIDNIGHT TRAIN TO ITA CUP

On October 3, Jamilah Karah ’25 qualified for the Intercollegiate Tennis Association (ITA) Cup held in Rome, Georgia after recording a runner-up finish at the ITA New England Championship. At the ITA Cup, set to take place this weekend, Karah will take on the best Division III female tennis players from institutions across the country.

AMHERST ADVANCE

The football team hosts Amherst tomorrow afternoon at Whittier Field in a fierce NESCAC rivalry game. The team will look to bounce back and seek a victory following a closely-contested 35-38 away loss to Wesleyan last weekend. The Amherst Mammoths, with a 3-1 record, will provide a challenge for the 0-4 Polar Bears. Amherst has won the past 14 consecutive games in the rivalry, so a victory for the Polar Bears tomorrow would rewrite recent NESCAC history. If attending the event, please follow the College’s fall sport spectator COVID-19 guidelines.