Highlight Reel for September 7

NEED SOME ASSISTANCE?

In a landslide victory, the men’s soccer team (1-0-0) defeated the University of New England (1-1-0) 4-0 on Tuesday in its first game of the season. Matty McColl ’19 set a new program record for assists in a single game, aiding all four Polar Bear goals. Bowdoin held a 36-2 shot advantage and a 14-1 corner kick edge.

THREE SETS, YOU’RE OUT

On Wednesday night, Bowdoin’s volleyball team (1-0) defeated the University of Southern Maine (2-2) in three sets: 25-8, 25-13 and 25-22. In its first game of the season, the team had a 12-0 run in the second set. Ashley Williams ’21 had nine kills, and Kate Kiser ’21 also performed well, contributing 17 assists.

WORKIN’ OVERTIME

The women’s field hockey team (1-0) notched a 2-1 victory over the University of New England (0-2) in their first game of the season, securing the win with three minutes left in overtime. Bowdoin led 20-12 in shots taken with Maddie Ferrucci ’21 stopping seven of UNE’s attempts to score.

DOUBLE OR NOTHING

The women’s soccer team (0-0-1) finished in a scoreless tie against Babson College (2-0-1) on Wednesday, starting their season off 0-0-1. The Polar Bears played an aggressive game, leading 8-6 on corner kicks, but could not break through Babson’s defense. Goalie Sabrina Albanese ’20 led Bowdoin’s defense with two saves.

More from Sports: