Highlight Reel for May 4

Throwing it down: The men’s and women’s track and field teams raced to fourth and sixth, respectively, in the NESCAC Championship on Saturday at Trinity. John Pietro ’18 had a spectacular performance, winning both the shot put and hammer throw. On Tuesday, Pietro was awarded the NESCAC’s Sabasteanski Award as the Most Outstanding Male Performer in the conference. It is the first time a Bowdoin athlete has won this award.

Gone with the wind: The sailing team came in tenth overall in the New England Dinghy Championships for the Coast Guard Alumni Bowl at Brown University this past weekend, putting them just outside of contention for the ICSA National Championship. After the championships, Matt Kaplan ’19 was named to the All NEISA Skippers Second Team.

Heading for home: The baseball team swept the Colby series this weekend, improving its record to 14-17 (NESCAC 7-5). The team finished third in NESCAC East, and missed qualifying for the NESCAC tournament. On Monday, Eric Mah ’18 was named the NESCAC Baseball Player of the Week after batting .700, hitting three doubles and a home run, scoring seven runs and knocking in four RBIs.

The golden boys: Although it lost in the quarterfinals, the men’s lacrosse team had three members honored in All-NESCAC Awards. Matthew Crowell ’18 and Parker Sessions ’18 were named as First Team Selections and Sam Carlin ’19 was named to the Second Team. Crowell finished the season tied for most goals at 25 and Sessions led the team in caused turnovers at 17. This is Carlin’s first postseason award after he won 197 of 327 faceoffs this season.