Highlight Reel for September 14

SAILING TO VICTORY

Last weekend the sailing team battled fierce currents and bad weather as they competed in regattas in three different states. A four-person crew, consisting of Alden Grimes ’21, Rowan Byrne ’21, Kelsey Slack ’21 and Matt Safford ’20, won the Harman Trophy at the Penobscot Bay Open hosted by Maine Maritime Academy. Other members travelled to Yale and M.I.T, where the team placed fourth and seventh respectively.

SUN’S OUT, SHUT OUT

Women’s soccer (1-1-1) recovered from its loss last weekend to defeat Bates (1-1-0) 4-0. The Polar Bears held a 13-7 shot advantage, utilizing their aggressive offense to score goals in both halves of the game. The team’s defense also performed well, with goalie Isabel Ball ’22 making two saves in 25 minutes of game time.

THE BOWDOIN BOGEY

The men’s golf team competed in the 2018 Bowdoin Invitational last weekend at the Brunswick Country Club. With 629 strokes overall, the team placed eighth out of 12. Tom Dunleavy ’20 carried the team with a score of 153 and placed fourteenth out of 61.

FIELD OF GLORY

The women’s field hockey team (3-0) remained undefeated with a 4-2 win against Bates (0-2) on Wednesday. The Polar Bears held an 18-8 shot advantage and decisively controlled the game, leading by one point for the majority of the game.