2021 Clery Report shows increased reported sexual assault violations

According to the 2021 Clery Report—the Office of Safety and Security’s annual security report on campus crime, fire, alcohol and illegal drugs—reports of sexual offenses on campus were up in 2021 compared to 2020. There were five reported cases of rape on campus in 2021, higher than the two reported in 2020 and equal to the five reported in 2019. There was only one reported case of unwanted fondling on campus in 2021, the same number as in 2020. In 2019, however, there were six reported cases.

There were 80 reported on-campus liquor law violations in 2021—a decline from 107 in 2020 and 97 in 2019. Drug law violations on campus also saw a decrease last year; 2021 saw just five reports, while 2020 and 2019 saw 22 and nine reports, respectively.

In 2021, there were three reported cases of stalking on campus, the same number as in 2019. There was only one case reported in 2020. There were also two reported cases of dating violence, compared to one in 2020 and zero in 2019.

After one reported on-campus aggravated assault in 2020, there were zero in 2021. There were also zero in 2019.