Mohamed Nur and Amber Rock win BSG election

Mohamed Nur ’19 will be the Bowdoin Student Government (BSG) president during the 2018-2019 academic year and Amber Rock ’19 will be BSG vice president for student government affairs.

The results of this weekend’s election were announced in an email to the Orient Sunday night from BSG President, Irfan Alam ’18. A total of 1075 students voted, 59 percent of the student body.

Nur received 660 received votes, 62 percent of the total. Rock received 689 votes, 65 percent of the total.

Nur, currently BSG vice president for academic affairs, ran on a platform centered around implementing comprehensive financial aid, creating spaces to engage across difference and pushing for curricular change.

Rock, recently appointed to a position as BSG vice president for facilities and sustainability, ran on an unofficial joint ticket with BSG presidential candidate Ben Painter ’19 and focused on sexual assault prevention in her platform.

Voting for elections for all other members of the BSG executive team will open Friday. The candidates will face off in a debate in Jack Magee’s Pub and Grill this Tuesday at 7 p.m.