Highlight Reel for Feb. 16

WON’T SLOW DOWN: The women’s basketball team (23-1, NESCAC 9-1) completed its regular season after beating Wesleyan 88-51. The Polar Bears jumped into the lead early on, reaching 10-0 within 3:30 and five different players reached double-digits. The team finishes the season with the best record since 2006-2007 and will head into the NESCAC Championships against Williams, who the team beat 73-47 on February 3.

ON YOUR TRACKS: The nordic skiing team finished in fifth at the Dartmouth Carnival this past weekend. Gabrielle Vandendries ’21 skied into seventh place in the 5k, marking the best ever finish for a first year. Renae Anderson ’21 and Elliot Ketchel ’21 also finished in eighth and ninth place in their respective events, the first time the team had three top ten finishers in one day. The team will continue its season with Williams Carnival this weekend.

RELAY THAT: The men’s and women’s track and field teams traveled to Boston University to compete in the non-scoring Dave Hemery Invitational last weekend. Despite being up against numerous DI teams, the teams did well. The women’s distance relay team beat its own school record with a time of 11:43.49 and slid into second. The men’s distance relay also gave a strong performance, coming in sixth place.

AWARDS GALORE: Camil Blanchett ’18 has advanced to be one of five nominees for the Hockey Humanitarian Award, which will be announced on Friday, April 6 at the 2018 Frozen Four in St. Paul, Minnesota. In addition to the nomination, the Hockey Humanitarian Award Foundation will donate $500 to a charity of Blanchett’s choice.