Highlight Reel for April 1

WAVED ON HOME

When much of the College traveled home for spring break, the baseball team returned to Florida for spring training for the first time since the start of the pandemic. Over break, the team was able to make up for lost seasons as they played 11 games in their stint away from campus. By the end of spring training, the team earned a 3-8 record, despite sweeping Hamilton College in a doubleheader the week prior. Throughout the preseason, catcher Stephen Simoes ’23 is leading the team in batting average with an impressive .378, while pitcher Jason Bogdanos ’24 has held opposing batters to a mere .225 batting average in 71 at-bats. This Friday, the baseball team will take on Thomas College in hopes of ending a three-game losing skid.

POCKET ACES

In an impressive start to the season, the men’s tennis team has started off scorching hot with a record of 7-1. After local matches at the ITA New England Championship and the Wallach Invitational, the team traveled to California for their preseason team trip. While in the Golden State, the team won seven of their eight matches, and capped off the trip with a four-match win streak. With conference play beginning this weekend, the Polar Bears start the season by hosting Amherst, Hamilton, Trinity and Connecticut Colleges in the opening weeks of their first full season in two years.

NOW BRING ME THAT HORIZON

For their spring break trip, the sailing team traveled down to Miami, Florida where they were able to train in the Florida sun instead of the usual Maine cold. Following the trip to Miami, the sailing team finished tenth in the St. Mary’s Women’s Fleet Race and seventh in the Southern New England Team Race at Coast Guard. The sailing team will travel to Tufts University to take part in the Jumbo Team Race over the course of both days this weekend.