Security Report, 3/19 to 3/29

Diana Furukawa

Monday, March 19

• An employee at the Hawthorne-Longfellow Library was reported to be choking on an object that was stuck in her throat. A security officer performed the Heimlich maneuver and dislodged the obstruction.

Tuesday, March 20

• A local man was asked to leave campus after he was observed doing skateboarding tricks on the flagpole memorial near Gibson Hall.

Thursday, March 22

• An intoxicated local man was asked to leave campus after he was observed trying to enter Sargent Gym and Studzinski Recital Hall at 2 a.m.
  • Fence damage was noted and reported at the Stowe Inn upper parking lot.

Friday, March 23

•  A GPS emergency alert signal was received from an Outdoor Leadership Club (OLC) group on a wilderness hike in the Monson-Greenville area. An emergency services response was initiated to attempt to locate the group. After a few hours, it was determined that the alert signal was activated accidentally.
  • A contractor’s vehicle backed up and struck an employee’s parked vehicle in the Dayton parking lot, causing minor property damage.

Sunday, March 25

• A student requested an escort to the Mid Coast Walk-In Clinic to evaluate a foot injury.

Monday, March 26

•  A student reported the theft of a bright blue Trek Verve 3 bicycle from the Coles Tower bike racks. The bike had a wicker basket attached to the handle bars.
  • A student reported the apparent theft of a hooded sweatshirt from the Buck Fitness Center. The item was taken by mistake and has been returned.

Thursday, March 29

• A student reported receiving harassing text and phone messages.