Highlight Reel for Oct. 26

Poised to kill:

This weekend, the women’s volleyball team (13-8, NESCAC 7-1) traveled to Amherst to compete in the Hall of Fame Tournament. The team swept the first two games against Wheaton and Coast Guard, but fell to Worcester Polytechnic Institute 3-2 on Saturday. Carolyn Flaharty ’20 received her second NESCAC Volleyball Player of the Week recognition of this year after averaging 3.91 kills and 2.73 digs per set this weekend. The team will play their last regular season games at Wesleyan (17-4, NESCAC 7-1) and Connecticut (13-8, NESCAC 2-6) this weekend.

Shooting for the moon:

The women’s soccer team (9-5-1, NESCAC 4-5-1) finished their regular season with a 2-0 shutout against No. 2 Connecticut (12-2-1, NESCAC 7-2-1) and a 1-0 loss against Tufts (8-4-3, NESCAC 6-2-2). The Polar Bears scored two early goals in order to beat Connecticut despite the Camels having a 18-6 advantage in shots. Against Tufts, the roles were reversed with Tufts pulling off a goal at 34:38 despite Bowdoin having 14 shots compared to Tufts’s 9. The team looks towards their NESCAC quarterfinal game against No. 1 Williams (13-1-1, NESCAC 8-1-1).

Trying hard:

The women’s rugby team (5-1) beat St. Michael’s College 45-5 on Saturday after finishing the first half with a 38-0 lead. Liz D’Angelo ’19 gave the Polar Bears their first try at the one minute mark and the impressive performances continued as Vianney Gomezgil Yaspik ’18 scored a hat trick. The rugby team looks to continue their win streak in their last two games against Molloy and Long Island University.

Sticking to it:

The field hockey team (9-6, NESCAC 5-5) split the week with a 3-2 win against Connecticut (5-10, NESCAC 1-9) in overtime and 3-0 loss against Tufts (11-4, NESCAC 8-2). The Polar Bears and the Camels went into overtime after both teams scored two goals each in the second half, with Juliana Fiore ’18 putting away the winning goal for Bowdoin. An early goal from Tufts at the three-minute mark set the tone for the rest of the game, despite Bowdoin outshooting Tufts 19-11. The team will face off against Tufts again in their first playoff game this weekend.