PolarEats app rolls out pub order option, hopes to expand beyond Brunswick

This week, the student-designed mobile food ordering app PolarEats announced a new collaboration with Jack Magee’s Pub and Grill, which will allow students to place orders for pickup through the app. App developer Sawyer Billings ’18 said that while delivery service from the Pub is not yet available, discussions are taking place.

“It’s certainly the goal,” he said.

Billings, a member of the baseball team, realized the market for a pub mobile ordering system when he and his teammates would frequently try to place orders over the phone at the same time.

He believes the addition of a mobile ordering option to the Pub will allow customers to circumvent the frequently busy phone lines.

“When we come back from away baseball games, we’ll get in late and our coach will meet us outside the Pub and give us our meal stipend … 45 of us will try and call in so our food is ready, and it ends up being this big pass-the-phone game for everybody to talk on the phone—it’s this clunky, unintuitive experience,” he said.

PolarEats is currently hoping to expand its services to other campuses.