Highlight Reel for November 11

NATIONAL TREASURE
The men’s soccer team picked up an NCAA at-large tournament bid on Monday and is set to host the First and Second Round Regional at Pickard Field this weekend. The Polar Bears (11–1–4; 6–1–3 NESCAC) will face off against the United States Merchant Marine Academy (11–4–6) tomorrow. Bowdoin is making its first NCAA tournament appearance since 2017 and is hosting a tournament regional for the first time in 12 years. The Polar Bears also swept the NESCAC major individual awards this week, with Dylan Reid ’22 named Player of the Year, Tyler Huck ’26 named Rookie of the Year and Head Coach Scott Wiercinski named Coach of the Year. Reid, Julian Juantorena ’23 and Michael Webber ’23 were selected as First Team Honorees.

STAR-A-BOARD
Christine Reimer ’24 finished third out of nineteen competitors at the College Sailing Women’s Singlehanded National Championship last weekend in Norfolk, Va. Reimer excelled in the first three races and later recovered from two tough mid-day races. On Sunday, Reimer finished twelfth in her first of five races before winning the next two. The last race of the weekend was close for the first lap before the fleet began to separate, and Reimer was able to move into second place to secure her overall third place finish. The championship was the sailing team’s final regatta this fall, and the team will race again in the spring.

NINE’S FINE
Field hockey defender Georgie Coetzer ’23 was named the NESCAC Defensive Player of the Year and earned a First Team All-Conference selection on Wednesday. Coetzer scored nine goals and added five assists in her last season at Bowdoin. She also led the Polar Bear defense that allowed an average of 1.44 goals per game and a .580 shots on goal percentage. Forward Faith Jennings ’23 received Second Team All-Conference recognition. Jennings also had nine goals and led the conference with nine assists. The field hockey team ended its season with an 11–5 (6–4 NESCAC) record after it lost to Trinity College in the NESCAC Quarterfinals.