Douglas appointed permanent senior vice president for inclusion and diversity

Former Vice President and Interim Chief Diversity Officer Benje Douglas has been appointed as the permanent Senior Vice President for Inclusion and Diversity, President Clayton Rose announced in an email to the campus community on Tuesday.

Douglas began leading the Office of Inclusion and Diversity on an interim basis beginning last March as vice president and interim chief diversity officer. Prior to stepping into that role, Douglas spent six years as director of gender violence prevention and Title IX coordinator and two years as associate vice president for inclusion and diversity and director of Title IX. Douglas was also given additional responsibility for inclusion and diversity in the Division of Student Affairs.

In his now-permanent role, Douglas’ day-to-day responsibilities will remain the same as they were in the interim position. He will also continue serving on the College’s senior administrative team. Douglas will also continue to oversee the Office of Inclusion and Diversity, which includes his assistant Karen Shea, Director of Institutional Equity and Compliance and Title IX Coordinator Katherine O’Grady, and the director of institutional inclusion and diversity programs—a position that will be filled in the next year.