Highlight Reel for April 30

SWEPT OFF

After the Polar Bears split their games last weekend, they were swept by Trinity this past weekend, losing 9-8 in the first game and 9-6 in the second game. Despite the losses, they did see some standout performances. Maddie Rouhana ’21 hit a three-run double in the first game, and Kasey Cunningham ’22 scored two runs and batted .429 over both games. With these dual losses, Trinity, which is 3-5 on the season (3-3 NESCAC), moves above Bowdoin, which is now 2-6 (2-4 NESCAC), in the NESCAC standings. The Polar Bears are looking to get back into form when they face Bates this upcoming weekend.

DOUBLE TIME

Men’s and women’s track and field competed in a three-way meet with Bates and Colby this past weekend. Events were held at both Bowdoin and Colby, with field events in Brunswick and track events in Lewiston. While the meet was non-scoring, the Polar Bears still gave a strong performance. Ajay Olson ’23 tied the school record in the 100 meter dash, winning with a time of 10.71 seconds, and Lydia Pitts ’22 traveled 11.64 meters in the women’s triple jump. Several other Polar Bears were able to put up results that would land in the top 20 nationally. Both the men’s and women’s teams are preparing for their final meet of the season this Saturday against Bates and Colby, which will again take place at Bates and Bowdoin.

TEED OFF

Despite the possibility of storms, men’s golf was able to compete in the first half of the NESCAC Championship this past weekend in South Hadley, Massachusetts. Although Bowdoin was unable to field a team (only three golfers competed, short of the required five), the individual golfers held their own. Favian Busnawi ’23 performed the best, landing in a four-way tie for seventh place. The Polar Bears will get right back at it this upcoming weekend, teeing off for the second half of the championship at 10:50 a.m. on Sunday.