Highlight Reel for February 7

CONTROL THE T, WIN BY 3

In the lone high note in the women’s squash team’s 8-1 loss to Franklin & Marshall last Sunday, Clio Bersani ’22 swept her match 3-0 as number 2 in the ladder and was awarded NESCAC Performer of the Week honors for her efforts. The win brings Bersani’s individual season scoreline to 9-5 and gave the team something to cheer about before the Polar Bears travel to Wesleyan for NESCAC Championships this weekend.

WOMEN SUPPORTING WOMEN

On Sunday, February 2, Bowdoin celebrated National Girls & Women in Sports Day. The athletic department hosted over 300 local students, from kindergarteners to high schoolers, to enjoy a day of sports and games led by Bowdoin student-athletes before coming together at the end of the day to meet each other and share snacks in Farley Field House.

SCHOOLING THE MULES IN THE POOL

The men’s and women’s swim and dive seasons finished their regular season schedule on Saturday with a combined meet hosted by Colby. The women’s team claimed victory over the Mules by a score of 177.5-112.5, earning first-place finishes in a number of events. The men’s team only claimed one first-place finish in the 200 individual medley and lost to Colby 195-93. It was a good day for the divers, however, with both Henry Isaacson ’22 and Thea Kelsey ’20 qualifying for NCAA Regionals in the 1-meter category. Kelsey also earned a spot in the 3-meter discipline.

HUSSON FIRST?

Despite keeping the game tied until the final minute, the men’s basketball team suffered an 84-76 loss to Husson University in Bangor on Tuesday evening. Bowdoin spread the scoring out on offense, with three players contributing at least 10 points, but the team was outscored 18-2 in the paint, hurting the Polar Bears down the stretch. The loss brings Bowdoin’s overall record to 7-13. The team will need to turn things around fast if it is to secure the final NESCAC playoff spot. The battle for that eighth seed starts tonight with a game against Amherst in Morrell Gym at 7 p.m.