NESCAC championship: what you need to know

Bowdoin women’s basketball looks to stay undefeated

The women’s basketball team secured its 25th consecutive win with a 96-75 defeat of Connecticut College in the NESCAC quarterfinals last Saturday. Now the team will face No. 5-seed Middlebury. The game promises to be a tight matchup given that the Polar Bears’ closest game of the season was their four-point win over the Panthers on February 1. The Panthers upset No. 4 Trinity 75-71 to make it to the semifinals, as Maya Davis ’20 was named NESCAC Player of the Week for her 22-point performance. Davis is Middlebury’s leading scorer this year, with 14 points and 11 rebounds in the two teams’ last faceoff, and will be a major weapon for Bowdoin to defuse. The matchup is sure to make an exciting semifinal.

No. 2 seed Amherst will face No. 3 seed Tuft s in a rematch of last year’s NESCAC championship match, in which Amherst won 44-40. The game will be an interesting battle of offense versus defense, as Tufts has only allowed 47.8 points per game—the best in the NESCAC—and Amherst’s Madeline Eck and Hannah Fox lead the league in points per game with 16.4 and 16.3 respectively. When the two teams last faced each other, the Mammoths defeated the Jumbos 50-40.

The NESCAC requires that the host sell tickets for the Final Four matches, with $6 tickets for adults, $3 tickets for students, seniors and children and free tickets for Bowdoin students with their ID. There is an allocated percentage of tickets set aside for Bowdoin students, and the Athletic Department anticipates running out of general admission tickets before student tickets. However, if the student tickets run out and there are still general admission tickets available, students will not have to pay.