Highlight Reel for Nov. 10

Passing the mark: The football team (0-8) lost to Bates (2-6) this weekend in a close 17-24 match this weekend, causing Bates to claim the Colby-Bowdoin-Bates championship title for the sixth time in a row. Noah Nelson ’19 ended the game 34-55 with the third-most passes thrown and the second-most passes completed in a game in Bowdoin history. Bowdoin will finish their season at home against rivals Colby (0-8), marking the 129th time these two teams have met, on Saturday.

Over the net: The volleyball team (15-10, NESCAC 8-2) came back 3-2 after losing the first two sets of the match to beat Middlebury (16-9, NESCAC 5-5) in the NESCAC quarterfinals on Friday, but fell to Wesleyan (21-5, NESCAC 8-2) 1-3 in the semifinals the next day. Three players were honored in All-NESCAC awards. Kate Kiser ’21 was named NESCAC Rookie of the Year and she and Lisa Sheldon ’19 were named second team, while Caroline Flaharty ’20 was named first team.

Three musketeers: After upsetting No. 2 Tufts (11-5, NESCAC 8-2) in the quarterfinals, the field hockey team (10-7, NESCAC 5-5) lost to No. 1 Middlebury (16-2, NESCAC 9-1) 5-2. Middlebury had the advantage in shots, while Maddie Ferrucci ’21 made four saves compared to Middlebury’s two. The team also had three players recognized with All-NESCAC awards. Kara Finnerty ’20 and Elizabeth Bennewitz ’19 were named first team All-NESCAC while Juliana Fiore ’18 was named second team.

Smooth waters: The sailing team is competing in the Match Race Nationals this Friday in Charleston, S.C. for the first time in program history. The team qualified after coming in second in the New England Match Race Championship on October 14-15. Harrison Hawk ’18, Matt Safford ’20, Marie Bergsund ’20, and Alden Grimes ’21 will be competing for Bowdoin.