Highlight Reel for February 2

(H)OOPS!

Last Friday in Morrell Gym, the women’s basketball team (19–1; 6-–0 NESCAC) took down Connecticut College (5-–14; 0–6 NESCAC) 57–42 to maintain its perfect record in conference play. The Polar Bears jumped from a slim lead in the first quarter to a 16-–2 run heading into halftime, capped off with a jumper from Sydney Jones ’25, who ended the game with seven rebounds and three assists. In the second half, the team pulled ahead by as many as 23 points and held Conn. to 30 percent shooting. Maria Belardi ’26 (15) and Jess Giorgio ’23 (13) each matched their career highs in points. The team will face Bates College—the only other team with a perfect NESCAC record—in Lewiston tonight.

TRACK ATTACK

On Sunday, the track and field team showcased several strong performances at the New England Small College Invitational hosted by Middlebury College. The team recorded first and third place finishes in the 200m by Kianne Benjamin ’24 (24.73) and Kennedy Kirkland ’27 (25.61). Bowdoin’s other victory of the weekend was secured by Ginger Arnold ’27 in the shot put (11.32m). Other notable field performances were second-place finishes from Jenna Albanese ’24 in the long jump (5.46m) and Corinne Ahern ’24 in the weight throw (14.75m). Kane Demers ’26 also placed high across the board with a third-place finish in the 60m hurdles (8.44), fourth in the long jump (6.47m) and fifth in the 200m (22.18). The team is headed to the Maine State Championship at the University of Southern Maine tomorrow.

(BUTTERNUT) SQUASH

The men’s and women’s squash teams wrapped up their regular seasons on Wednesday against Bates College with 6-–3 and 5-–4 wins, respectively. On the women’s side, Clare Collins ’27 and Mira Karande ’26 shut out the Bobcats 0–3. Delphine King ’24, Janie Lytle ’27 and Eshika Tangri ’27 were close behind with 3–2 wins. The men’s team saw a number of 3–0 shutouts from Nick Wilkinson ’25, Aryan Singh ’26, Jackson Rho ’24, Justin Barr ’24 and Ben Korengold ’27. Both teams will look towards the NESCAC tournament in Amherst, Mass. next weekend.