BSG announces updates on Good Ideas Fund, No Hate November

On Wednesday, the Bowdoin Student Government (BSG) gathered in Daggett Lounge to discuss an upcoming meeting with President Clayton Rose, No Hate November and other future  initiatives.

BSG president Susu Gharib ’23 announced an upcoming BSG assembly on December 4 led by President Rose to discuss his professional experience in business and the perspective he’s gained.

The BSG’s Good Ideas Fund yielded three projects, which will be fully funded and implemented this year. The first project primarily focuses on the funding and creation of an on-campus massage clinic. Details of the other two will be announced on a later date.

BSG Chair of Diversity and Inclusion Ange Ishimwe ’25 provided updates on No Hate November,  a month dedicated to remembering past bias incidents at Bowdoin and promoting an inclusive, respectful campus. The BSG will partner with several affinity and identity clubs on campus to hold panels and events  throughout the month. While No Hate November traditionally concludes with a keynote speaker, plans to host a keynote speaker this year fell through. Alternatively, the committee plans to host Curbside Queens and bring food trucks to campus.

The meeting concluded with information on the upcoming “buddy system” that senior class president Cheng Xing ’23 has planned, which will randomly pair Bowdoin seniors to complete tasks for prizes. The coding for the system has been created, and the announcement with more details should arrive soon.

Director of Counseling and Wellness Roland Mendiola and Izzy Kane ’24 were scheduled to speak about wellness and counseling on campus but instead will join the BSG on November 16.