Head Coach of women’s basketball Adrienne Shibles accepts head coaching position at Dartmouth College

Adrienne Shibles, Head Coach of the women’s basketball team, has accepted an offer to become head coach of the Dartmouth College women’s basketball team. Over 12 seasons, the Polar Bears’ record was 281-65, making the NCAA tournament 11 times. In recent years, Shibles’ teams were almost unbeatable, running a combined 58-4 record since the 2018-19 season, making back-to-back NCAA tournament finals in 2018 and 2019. In personal honors, Shibles was named the 2019 WBCA Division III Coach of the Year, is a three-time NESCAC Coach of the Year, and was named Head Coach for the 2021 USA Basketball Women’s U16 National Team.

Building upon the dominance of her predecessor, head coach Stefanie Pemper, Shibles was Bowdoin women’s basketball’s winningest coach. Players from Shibles’ tenure are smattered across the record books: her teams were incredibly adept on offense, defense and the glass. Shibles’ final year as head coach was arguably her finest, as Bowdoin won its first NESCAC Championship and advanced to the third round of the NCAA tournament, before the remainder of the tournament was cancelled due to COVID-19.

Shibles will take over a middling program at Dartmouth—the women’s team has not posted a winning record since the 2017-18 season, finishing its last full season at 10-17 overall with a 4-10 record against other Ivy League schools.