Rose announces replacements for two Senior Vice Presidents

In an email to the community on Monday morning, President Clayton Rose announced the appointments of two new Senior Vice Presidents (SVP) following the recent resignations of SVP and Dean of Admissions and Financial Aid Whitney Soule and SVP and Chief Investment Officer Paula Volent. Claudia Marroquin ’06, who is currently the director of admissions, will replace Soule, and Niles Bryant, currently director of investments, will replace Volent.

Marroquin has been a part of the admissions team since 2010, where she has worked as assistant dean, associate dean, director of multicultural recruitment and most recently director of admissions. She oversaw the College Horizons summer program for Native American high school students, as well as the Questbridge program. She graduated from Bowdoin in 2006, with a degree in Art History, and is now pursuing a master’s degree in higher education at the Harvard University Graduate School of Education.

Bryant worked for 16 years as an attorney and investment professional with the Gordon and Betty Moore Foundation and the Carnegie Corporation before joining the College’s investment office in April 2020. Bryant received his undergraduate degree from the University of Michigan, his law degree from Duke University School of Law and his MBA from Dartmouth College’s Tuck School of Business.

“Both of these appointments reflect the deep level of talent and expertise that we are so fortunate to have at the College,” Rose wrote in the email. “I am grateful to those at the College and on the board of trustees who participated in the process that assisted me in selecting Claudia and Niles for these critical positions.”

A replacement for SVP for Development and Alumni Relations Scott Meiklejohn has not yet been announced. Lindauer Global, a third-party hiring firm, is conducting the search.