Brickyard Hollow opens location in downtown Brunswick

Eliza Rhee
TONTINE ON TAP: Newly opened Brickyard Hollow serves pizza and craft beers in the Tontine Mall. Owners hope to cater to Bowdoin students.

Beer and pizza enthusiasts can celebrate a new addition to Brunswick’s downtown: Yarmouth-based chain Brickyard Hollow has moved into the Tontine Mall in the former location of Butchers & Bakers.

The brewing company now has locations in seven Maine towns and cities, including Portland, Freeport and Ogunquit. The Brunswick location boasts a craft beer list, a full bar and an extensive menu of pizza, burgers and appetizers.

Director of Operations Brendon Medeiros explained that Brickyard Hollow has been eyeing a location in Brunswick for about three years. Given their other locations around southern Maine, Medeiros explained that Brunswick seemed like a natural next spot.

“When you look around, there’s no reason why we wouldn’t want to be here,” Medeiros said. “[It’s a] really robust community, a vibrant downtown area. I felt like we … could complement a lot of these other businesses.”

Medeiros is particularly excited about working with the Bowdoin community and providing a welcoming space for students.

“There’s a reason why we picked this part of town,” he said. “We wanted to be close to Bowdoin College. We figured that Bowdoin would liven it up…. I envision people hanging out between classes [would] come get some slices [and] go back to school.”

Visitors to Brickyard Hollow can sit at the bar, or at tables both inside and outside, with a patio stretching into the parking lot of the Tontine Mall. Medeiros hopes to take advantage of these expansive spaces for a range of events.

“[We’re thinking about] how we can give back and be part of a community, so if anybody at the school or organizations anywhere from a business club to robotics … want to do some sort of fundraising or community nights or can think of ways that we can be involved, we’d like to do that,” Medeiros said.

Highlights of Brickyard Hollow’s menu include innovative pizza topping combinations such as pulled pork, fuji apple and red onion. Unlike other Brunswick pizza locations like Otto’s or Nomad, the menu also stretches to include smash burgers, Asian-style bowls and pub classics like mac and cheese and fish and chips.

Medeiros plans to offer a 10 percent discount to customers with a student ID. Currently, Brickyard Hollow is open 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday, and until 10 p.m. on Friday and Saturday.