Highlight Reel for Apr. 13

First one around: The men’s and women’s track and field teams opened their spring season at the Smith Pioneer Invitational with a dominating performance, winning 15 individual events and all four relays. Anne McKee ’20 won the 5000M by over 10 seconds with a time of 19:19.03, while Ben Torda ’18 won the 3000M steeplechase by over 30 seconds with a time of 10:03.86. The Polar Bears will continue their season today with the Bowdoin Spring Invitational at 4 p.m.

Smashin’ it: The men’s tennis team improved its record to 11-0, NESCAC 3-0 after winning its first home match against Amherst 8-1 this weekend. The team swept the doubles, giving it a lead early on in the match. The team faces off against Brandeis today at 3 p.m., followed by a match against No. 3 Middlebury on Saturday at 2 p.m.

Working hard: The women’s rugby team started its season at the Brown University Sorenson 7’s Tournament on Sunday, winning two games and losing one. The team kicked off the tournament with a 17-0 win against Norwich, followed by a 19-7 win against University of New England. The team ultimately fell, however, to undefeated Dartmouth 17-0. The team will begin home play against Long Island University-Post on Saturday at noon.

Breezin’ through: The sailing team competed in two regattas this weekend, the Southern Series at the University of Rhode Island and the New England Team Champs at Connecticut College. At the Southern Series, the Polar Bears competed in 16 races and finished in fourth in the B-division. At Connecticut College, the team qualified for the top eight, but ultimately finished two wins away from qualifying for nationals.