Highlight Reel for October 25

ALL GOOD THINGS COME IN SEVENS

The men’s soccer team (7–3–3; 2–3–3 NESCAC) defeated University of Southern Maine (USM) (2–8–6) with a final score of 7–0, adding to its 15-game win streak against USM that dates back to 2008. In a stacked 14-minute period during the first half, the Polar Bears netted six goals against the Huskies. USM kept the slate even for the first twenty minutes of play before Ronaldo Cabral ’25 scored the first goal of the game for the Polar Bears, setting the stage for Kamar Burris-Khan ’27 to score twice. Jack Banks ’27, Adam Prince ’28 and Luke Peltz ’27 also each scored, adding to a total of six goals before heading into halftime. In the second half, Carlton Steinberg ’24 kept the momentum going and secured the seven-goal lead. Tomorrow, the team heads to Amherst, Mass. to play Amherst College (9–2–2; 5–2–1 NESCAC).

ACC(TUALLY) THE BEST

The open sailing team—composed of Thomas Hall ’25, Kaile Olson ’27, Sam Bonauto ’25, captain Holliss Hirsch ’25, captain Timmy Gee ’25 and Michelangelo Vecchio ’27—recently competed in the Atlantic Coast Championships (ACCs) at Boston College. The team came in sixth overall, with Hall and Olson competing in the A division finishing the weekend with 66 points, while Hirsch, Gee and Bonauto sailed in the B division with 58 points. The team faced off against 18 other teams who qualified for the ACCs all over the country at the qualifying round of the ACCs two weekends ago. As the team looks towards the end of the season, it will compete in the Urn Trophy at Brown University and the Schell Trophy at Yale University for its final weekend of doublehanded competition.

INTERNATIONAL RUGBY LOVE

The women’s rugby team (2–2–0) returned to play after a little over a two-week hiatus from competition to play an international exhibition match at Bishop’s University (1–4–1) in Sherbrooke, Quebec. The Polar Bears lost by a final score of 39–7 on the Sunday match. Tomorrow, the team will face off against University of New England (1–1) in Biddeford to conclude its fall season.