The Bowdoin Orient
6200 College Station
Brunswick, ME 04011-8462
We welcome submissions from the entire Bowdoin community and beyond.
All submissions should:
- include your full name and a phone number.
- be recieved by 7 p.m. on the Tuesday of the week of publication.
- be sent to email@example.com.
Submit a letter to the editor
- Letters must be signed. We will not publish unsigned letters.
- Letters should not exceed 200 words.
Submit an Op-Ed
- Op-eds express an opinion about an issue within the Bowdoin Bubble or beyond.
- Op-eds should be between 500 and 700 words.
Submit a Talk of the Quad
- A Talk of the Quad expresses a personal narrative.
- A Talk of the Quad should be between 600 and 800 words.
- For examples, see Talk of the Quad.
The Orient strives to represent the breadth of perspectives that exist within the Bowdoin community and provide a space for considerate discussion, civil debate and informed commentary. Editors do their best to respond to every submission but reserve the right to reject any submission for any reason. Submissions that contain ad hominem attacks, libelous language or are submitted under a false name will not be published. The Orient reserves the right to edit all submissions for grammar, style and length. For more, see our ethical practices policy.