How to pass the time while in quarantine

With almost two weeks of social distancing under my belt, I’m about one bad Zoom call away from talking to the walls. I’ve run the gamut of classic quarantine activities, from finally purging my wardrobe of nostalgic high school t-shirts to telling myself I have the personality to get into baking (wrong). I’ve started re-watching “The Office,” which is so off-brand I can’t believe I’m memorializing it in this article forever. Point is, this quarantine and I are in a serious battle of the wits, and I’m getting absolutely destroyed. If you’re in a similar boat, and you’re looking for a way to ~find yourself~ again, consider some of these suggestions on how to pass the time.

1. Risk it all and profess your love for a prof over email. I can’t say this is one I will be personally trying, but I can imagine the experience would be pretty cathartic. With at least five months between now and next fall, any serious fallout is sure to blow over by the time you see them again, so why not give it the ol’ college try? I think my adrenaline receptors are fried from a lack of use at this point, so avoid my fate and keep your blood pressure high as you compulsively refresh Outlook every 12 seconds waiting for their response.

2. Tap into your telepathic abilities. This was actually my Costar for today. I thought it was worth sharing.

3. Day drink. Now that we’re all in different timezones, it really is five o’clock somewhere. Stand in solidarity with your West coast peers who are pulling up to 8:30s and take one down for them.

4. Do a social media cleanse. Now that the entire Instagram community has decided it’s 2011 again and that posting challenges is O.K., social media has officially crossed the line into unbearable. This is one of the few suggestions on the list I’ve actually done, and I have to say, my skin has cleared, I no longer have student debt and I’ve lost 20 pounds. If this sounds hard, it’s okay, at least try to do it Until Tomorrow.

5. Throw off the shackles of domestication and become completely feral. There’s no time like the present <3.