The women's lacrosse team faced Connecticut College, University of New England, and Colby last week, going on a 3-0 winning streak that culminated in the 14th-ranked Polar Bears beating the 8th-ranked Mules.

On Wednesday, the two rival Maine schools battled it out on Bowdoin's home turf, ending in overtime with a final score of 10-9.

The game began with two goals from McKenna Teague '12, Elizabeth Clegg '12, Katie Stewart '12 and Carolyn Gorajek '13. For 60 minutes, the women traded goals, fighting for dominance. However, neither team was able to widen the lead by more than one.

With only nine minutes left, Colby was trailing by 7-6 when the Mules' Lindsey McKenna scored, once at 8:57 to tie the game, and again at 1:48 to bring the score to 8-7.

The Polar Bears were not about to go down without a fight, however. With 1:27 left on the clock, Stewart scored her third goal for the Polar Bears on a drive to the net, bringing the score to a tie.

?In the first three-minute overtime session, Katie Herter '12 scored for Bowdoin with 10 seconds left, placing the Polar Bears in the lead. In the second session, Colby scored with 2:00 remaining on the clock, setting the scene for a tense two minutes as the Polar Bears tried to regain control.

With ten seconds left, Teague drove through three defenders to score the game-winning goal, bringing the final score to 10-9.

Last Sunday, the women beat the Univsersity of New England with a score of 20-3. Herter, Stewart, and first year Jordan Smith all scored three goals, and Devin Hardy '13, Helen Conaghan '13 and Betsy Sachs '14 made two apiece.

While UNE broke out strong, posting the first goal, Bowdoin quickly gained control of the game with a 4-0 run, and never relinquished its dominance. Ultimately, the Polar Bears outshot their opponents 42-10, with Tara Connolly '13 and Alexandra Brown '13 splitting the time in goal for the Polar Bears.

The Sunday game was a nice respite for the women, who had faced Connecticut College the day before in another tight 10-9 game.

Against the Camels, Gorajek scored five goals for the Polar Bears, with Stewart also scoring twice and Clegg also notching a goal.

The Camels gained the lead early with a pair of goals, going so far as to widen the gap to 6-3 before Bowdoin caught up. The Polar Bears rallied before halftime, with a 3-0 run led by Katy Dissinger '11 to tie the game.

The Polar Bears came out of halftime ready to fight, taking a 9-8 lead with 18:53 left to go. With 12 minutes remaining, Connecticut College shaved the Polar Bears' lead down with a goal, bringing the tally to 9-7. But three minutes later, Gorajek scored for the Polar Bears, pushing Bowdoin's lead to 10-8.

Connecticut College scored once more, but the Polar Bears were able to successfully hold them off for the win.

This week, the team faces Middlebury, Husson and Wheaton in what is sure to be a challenging series of games for the Polar Bears.