It seems that Bowdoin officially "survIvied" the weekend, judging by the absence of any court summonses, citations, arrests or alcohol-related transports via rescue unit to the hospital.

"All things considered, I think it went really well," said Director of Safety and Security Randy Nichols.

According to Nichols, a first-year student from Moore Hall was reported to the Office of the Dean of Student Affairs and fined for his behavior.

"He was intoxicated at the concert," said Nichols. "He was being inappropriate and was escorted back to his hall" where he was put under the care of two students.

The student then pulled Moore Hall's fire alarm and ran back to the concert.

Nichols said that "a report was filed with the Dean of Student Affairs" for malicious fire alarm activation and the student will pay a $650 fine for fire department costs.

At the Pinestock party on Saturday night, an ambulance arrived to check on an intoxicated student, but a transport was not deemed necessary.

"The decision was made not to transport the student," said Nichols. He returned to his residence in the care of other students.

Also at Pinestock, a local resident "ignited a firecracker" and Security "apprehended him" and issued him a criminal trespass bar.

On Saturday, one intoxicated student was transported to the hospital by Security but did not require a rescue-unit transport. The same was true for a Bates student who was visiting and staying off-campus. A few other students were taken back to their halls and checked on over the course of the night.

According to Nichols, "there were a couple of other students who consumed too much alcohol, but we did checks on them...we always do repeated checks throughout the night."

The weekend had only a few other minor incidents, including a dehydrated student and a foot injury, which both required Security transport to the hospital.

Community Policing Officer Terry Goan pointed to the total lack of citations or summonses on Ivies weekend to dispel rumors he said he had heard implying that Brunswick Police Department (BPD) must issue a certain number of citations or summonses to maintain the grant.

The grant "has nothing to do with numbers," said Goan. "We're looking to educate and keep people safe."

Goan also said that moving the concert from the Quad to Whittier Field was for the better.

"I think one of the bigger things from our perspective is that changing the concert was a great move," said Goan. "It controlled the masses and it limited non-Bowdoin students' access," he said.

According to Program Advisor for the Entertainment Board (E-Board) Megan Brunmier '08, moving the concert to Whittier Field was necessary, not only to accommodate this year's larger stage, but also to help make Security's job easier than it had been in previous years on the Quad.

"Security's energies are taken up by so many other issues on the Quad," Brunmier said. She added that last year, half of the Security staff was occupied just keeping people from going backstage.

"The year before, there were issues with some of our locals," which resulted in arrests, said Goan.

This year, students had to present a Bowdoin ID to gain access to the concert. Security was stationed by the crosswalk on Sills Drive and along the walk to Whittier to ensure the safety of all students.

Security was better able "to concentrate on keeping kids safe," Brunmier said.

"Security did a great job monitoring, checking who's coming and going, and making sure there's no open containers," Goan said.

Many students said they did not mind the change in venue or Security presence.

"It was much easier for Security to control, which I thought was positive," said sophomore Lucia Cowles.

Dylan Kane '12 also said he approved of the new location.

"I thought it was good overall," he said. "It felt more like a Bowdoin concert" than last year's show on the Quad.

Delahanty said he was also very pleased with the concert and its reception.

"We've never had any performers just run out into the crowd before and try to take a lap," he said in reference to a member of Reel Big Fish who invited students to join him in a lap around the track.

"I don't think I could be more pleased with how the weekend went—and that's high praise," said Brunmier. "The E-board and I have been eating, sleeping and breathing that concert on Saturday," she said.

Others, however, said that the change in location and increase in Security subdued the concert in comparison to previous years.

"It was surprisingly tamer...It lacked some of the festive quality that previous years stressed," said John Lehman '10.

According to some students, Pinestock especially lacked the "fuel or the fire" that Lehman mentioned.

Tanner Horst '13 said the lack of live music detracted from the event.

The majority of students, however, seemed to approve of the changes made this year.

"I thought it was fantastic," Kane said. "I enjoyed the concert a lot more than last year."

Samantha Levin '13 said her first Ivies experience "was a lot of fun...there was a lot of hype and it wasn't exaggerated...It really brings people together."