Highlight Reel for Apr. 20

Glidin’ on by: The crew team had a terrific weekend at the Knecht Cup in New Jersey, with six different teams winning medals. The First Novice Men won the gold ahead of Carnegie Mellon, who they had trailed coming out of their heat. The Men’s Varsity Four won both gold and silver in the DII/DIII events and the Men’s Second Varsity Four won silver. The women also had a commanding performance, with the Women’s Varsity Four taking both silver and gold in the DIII event.

Making a statement: Hannah Hirschfeld ’18 was named both the NESCAC Women’s Lacrosse Player of the Week and Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Coaches Association National Player of the Week after helping the team pull off two tight conference wins. In the game against Wesleyan on Saturday, the Polar Bears were down by four with 20 minutes remaining when Hirschfeld scored all five of her goals, including the game-winner, in the second half to help propel Bowdoin to a 13-11 win.

Smashin’ it: After two losses last weekend against MIT and Middlebury, the women’s tennis team came back with a vengeance against Colby with a 9-0 win. Tasha Christ ’20 and Sasa Jovanovic ’20 had an 8-0 win at doubles and Izzy Essi ’21 and Jovanovic both went 6-0, 6-0 in their respective singles matches. The team will hope to continue its success against Williams on Saturday at 2 p.m.

Out of the park: After losing the Tufts series 2-1 last weekend, the baseball team crushed Husson 8-1 on Wednesday. The team started off the game strong, scoring all eight runs in the first inning. Austin Zakow ’21 went deep with the bases loaded; his grand slam propelled the Polar Bears forward. The team will look to stay in the win column against Thomas today at 4:15 p.m. followed by the Middlebury series, which kicks off on Saturday at 4 p.m.