Highlight Reel for Feb. 2

Pucking it up: The women’s hockey team (9-6-1, NESCAC 3-6-1) swept the Wesleyan (5-9-4, 3-6-1) series this weekend in its first NESCAC series sweep of the season. The Polar Bears dominated the Cardinals 5-2 on Friday after coming out of the first quarter with a three point lead. On Saturday, Bowdoin returned to the ice with a 1-0 win. The team will play Hamilton (11-6-1, NESCAC 7-3) this weekend at home starting on Friday at 7 p.m.

Bear Necessities: The nordic skiing team came in second behind Colby in the Maine State Championship held at U-Maine Presque Isle this weekend. The women’s race was delayed after discovering a hibernating mother bear and cubs just off of the trail, but the delay did not stop the Polar Bears from earning eight All-State honors: three from the women’s team and five from the men’s. The teams will compete in the University of Vermont Carnival this weekend.

Freestylin’ it: Both the men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams swept Trinity and Wesleyan this weekend, with the men beating Trinity 244-124 and Wesleyan 240-129 and the women scoring 268-106 and 247-119 respectively. The women’s team had a strong performance in the 500 free, with Nadia Eguchi ’21 leading a sweep of the top three positions. The teams travel to Colby on Saturday for a dual meet.

See you in court: The Bowdoin men’s basketball team (14-5, NESCAC 3-3) ended its four game winning streak on Saturday after losing to No. 3 Amherst (13-6, NESCAC 4-2)  75-60 at home. The team currently is No. 7 in the conference. This loss comes after a thrilling 72-68 upset against Hamilton (17-2, NESCAC 4-2), dropping the Jumbos to No. 4 in the conference. Liam Farley ’18 had an outstanding weekend, leading the Polar Bears in scoring both days. The team will look to get back in the win column against Middlebury on Friday at 7 p.m.